Sunday 9 January 2011

1st commercial photo shoot - DJ's studio space



Three hours, some very awkward positions, 1 tripod, some office lights and 2 cups of tea later and I had completed my 1st commercial photo shoot. 




Luke Richardson is a Nottingham based DJ who works at an assortment of gig venues across the country including Ministry of Sound, Gatecrasher, the Grosvenor House Hotel, Nottingham Trent Uni, Vodka revolution in Hockley Nottingham and the Notorious Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London. 
He has recently set up his own studio in Nottingham and is selling studio time. 


He asked me for some shots for his website which I kindly obliged in return for some personal mixes of brilliant music collection and the promise of passing my name and blog site on. 


THE BRIEF 
Show of his studio as much as possible, get in the rustic flooring/ fireplace, the smart equipment.
The photos are now on his website to promote his studio space which is now available to rent.  


With the room being actually smaller than it looks I had to just use my 18-55 Nikor lens and get my self and my camera into the tightest positions.


these are the final selected shots 








Taken with me on the floor. Took some time to position the chair mic and lighting 



 Played around with a light underneath the desk to create the microphone shadows on the wall. A few candles in the fire place and the there you go. 


To get the above shoot I used a tripod while standing on a chest of drawers. I had to inhale before taking the shot so as not to wobble the tripod. If this had not have worked then I would have put it on a 3 second timer or used my little remote control. 





Love this one although it doesn't really show enough of the studio so not used on the website.  


This on is used on the website as it still has the funky equipment and the studio space. 


I loved doing this shoot brilliant practice for meeting the clients needs and working creatively to get the best shots possible.


AND HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT BELOW ON HIS WEBSITE. 


http://doingsomethingwithjazz.wordpress.com/thestudio/


If any one else needs a freelance photographer for one off shoots projects or events then please get in contact.working.   louise.m.clayton@live.co.uk 







No comments:

Post a Comment